Using your television for a computer monitor is an easy and inexpensive way to up your screen space. There are wireless methods which require software and components, or there is the good old-fashioned way; a couple of cables and about 10 minutes of time. Here we will discuss 2 of the easiest methods for connecting your television to your computer.
• You will need: 1 HDMI Cable
If your television and computer have HDMI connections, this will be the easiest way to connect both devices. HDMI transmits both HD video and sound. Simply run an HDMI cable from an open port on your television to an open HDMI port on your computer. Depending on what type of computer you have, there may be some extra steps. But more likely than not, your computer screen should be duplicated on your television.
VGA + RCA Cable
• You will need: 1 VGA Cable and 1 RCA to 3.5mm stereo jack cable.
If you have an older model television, this option is going to work best for you. Take your VGA cable. Plug one end to your computer and the other to your television. This should provide you with video feed. You may notice after that you have no sound. To play audio through the television’s speakers, you will need an RCA to 3.5mm stereo jack cable. This cable looks similar to the old cables used to plug up VCR’s and older video game consoles, however, it will be missing the yellow plug and one end will be fitted with the familiar AUX 3.5mm jack. Simply plug up the red and white RCA adapters to the back of your television in the correct ports and run the 3.5mm jack to the speaker or headphone jack on your computer. (If you are using a desktop, the AUX jack will go in the light green port at the back of your computer).
What about using your computer as a cell phone monitor?
Cell Phone Spy Software
With a cell phone spy, like the ones you can find on http://surepointspy.com/, you can view all of the text messages, call logs, social media, emails, etc.
- Purchasing: At http://surepointspy.com/how-it-works/ you will see exactly how this software works and then proceed to the “buy now” page. When purchasing you will be prompted to set up login credentials. These will be used later.
- Access to target phone: Make sure you can get your hands on the person’s phone that you would like to monitor. You will need about 3-5 minutes to download the software to the target phone. Then you won’t need it any more for as long as you want to monitor.
- Control Panel: Use the login information you created when you purchased the software to log into the control panel. This is where you’ll see all the information that gets extracted from the target phone.
THAT’S It! If you have any issues, or if your display is not working correctly, try these troubleshooting tips.
- Are your connections secured?
Make sure all cables are properly attached to their correct ports.
- Make sure the correct source is selected on your television.
Switch between video sources on your television and make sure you aren’t just on the wrong video source. Example: Your HDMI cord it plugged into HDMI port 2 but your television is displaying HDMI port 1 feed. Many televisions will have a PC option for VGA cable display. Make sure you rotate through the sources just to be sure.
- Check for additional steps specific to your computer and operating system.
Your device may require additional steps to display your screen on your tv. Windows gives you multiple options to adjust how you use the tv; as an extension of your computer screen, as a mirror image or as the only screen. Choose the one you like best.
- If you have an older television:
If you are still having issues, take a look at the connections available on the back of your set. Make sure they are compatible with the ports available on your computer. If you have a significantly older television, you may need a cable adapter to fit what you have available. You can find adapters for very cheap online and in computer and office supply stores.
- If your software isn’t working correctly.
The mobile apps company that makes SurePoint has a customer service option for either phone contact 9-5 pm Monday-Friday or 24/7 online help line. Either call the phone number at (866)611-9506 or click the support tab on the website.